kosoom will discuss the common causes of flicker in household lamps in this article, the content is more comprehensive and detailed
Catalog hide2 In the actual engineering application, there are two main cases of supply voltage changes.4 The reasons for this are The main reasons are.6 Humid environment.7 For the above-mentioned situations, the solutions are mainly.
Unstable supply voltage.
- Utility grid frequency or voltage changes will cause the luminaire brightness changes and flicker. The use of voltage regulators can reduce voltage changes, stable power supply.
In the actual engineering application, there are two main cases of supply voltage changes.
the utility grid side of the reason
- such as generator frequency adjustment, wiring and switching operations, etc., will cause a wide range of voltage changes, affecting all the power supply system has been connected to the power equipment, including lamps. The use of voltage regulators can effectively filter and adjust these voltage changes to provide a more stable output voltage for the use of lamps and lanterns to reduce or eliminate flicker.
The cause of the supply line
- such as local insulation aging, loose joints, poor contact with the switch, etc., will cause voltage changes on the line, affecting access to the line of electrical equipment. It is necessary to check the inside of the line, confirm the location of the fault, repair or replace it, restore the voltage stability, and solve the flicker of the lamps.
In general, the public power supply voltage fluctuations are a normal phenomenon, the use of voltage regulators can effectively reduce or even eliminate the impact on the use of electricity equipment. While the power supply line within the fault is required to locate and repair, so as not to cause more serious consequences.
In practice, we will be based on the specific circumstances of the site, such as the impact of the scope, the degree of voltage change, power load and other comprehensive factors to determine whether to take the voltage regulator to filter the voltage or find and repair line faults. For general domestic housing, the preferred solution is usually to repair line faults to ensure the stability and safety of the local power supply system. However, for some precision equipment, the installation of voltage regulators will be given priority for protection.
- Too much power of equipment on the same circuit, more than the capacity of the circuit, will lead to voltage drops and fluctuations, causing the lamps to flicker. Need to check and disperse the circuit load.
The reasons for this are The main reasons are.
wire insulation aging.
- Long-term use and temperature changes lead to aging of wire insulation material embrittlement, loss of good insulation performance, easy to produce leakage in the power supply leakage ground phenomenon, resulting in local voltage fluctuations and flicker. Need to replace the aging wire.
- Wires in the installation or use of the process of mechanical damage, resulting in exposed core or grounding, the same will cause leakage and voltage fluctuations, causing flicker. Need to replace the damaged wire.
Loose wire joints.
- Loose joints or terminals at both ends of the wire, poor contact, will increase the contact resistance, causing voltage reduction and instability, resulting in flickering lamps. Need to check and tighten the loose joints.
The wire is damaged by external force.
- The wire is rodent rodent, misuse or other external damage, resulting in insulation damage, core exposed, resulting in leakage and power supply fluctuations, causing flicker. Damaged wires need to be replaced.
For residential electrical systems, the aging and damage to the wire is a relatively common and serious problem. Especially in older houses, the use of older wires, the quality is also poor, more likely to have problems. Therefore, we recommend that owners regularly check the electrical wiring system inside the home, and replace aging and damaged wires in a timely manner to ensure the safety and stability of the power supply system.
Aged or damaged wiring.
- Old or damaged insulation of the wire will lead to unstable power supply and voltage fluctuations, resulting in flicker. Need to check and replace old or damaged wires.
- Humid environment will lead to changes in resistance and contact failure of the wires and lamps, resulting in flickering lamps. Need to deal with the humid environment and replace the damp wire or lamps.
The wire insulation is exposed to moisture.
- Wires are exposed to moisture, resulting in moisture absorption and degeneration of insulation materials, insulation effect is reduced, easy to produce leakage and grounding faults, resulting in voltage fluctuations and flickering lamps. Need to deal with the environment and replace the damp wire.
switches and lamps and lanterns internal moisture.
- Switches, lamps and lanterns inside the wire and contact parts damp, contact resistance increases, resulting in overheating and contact instability when energized, causing voltage fluctuations and flicker. Need to deal with the environment and replace the switch and lamps.
Wall switches and sockets are exposed to moisture.
- Wall switches and sockets exposed to moisture for a long time, easy to produce leakage and contact failure, resulting in voltage fluctuations and equipment flicker. Need to deal with the environment and replace the damp switches and sockets.
For the above-mentioned situations, the solutions are mainly.
- deal with the humid environment
- . Check and eliminate the source of moisture, moisture-proof the walls, and ensure that the working environment of electrical equipment is suitable.
replace the damp equipment.
- To have been damp resulting in internal insulation and contact failure of the wire, switches, lamps and other equipment, it is recommended to directly replace to avoid safety hazards.
- The environment is difficult to completely deal with the situation, you can add insulation sleeves or protective measures in the damp parts to limit moisture intrusion and foster electrical failure.
Humid environments are more harmful to electrical systems, and kosoom recommends that homeowners focus on prevention and treatment.. Regularly check whether the moisture-proof facilities inside the house are intact, and if necessary, install moisture-proof and ventilation equipment. Once you find the cause of moisture, you need to promptly remove and repair. Electrical failures need to be replaced and repaired to ensure safety.
Distribution box or switch problems.
- Faulty wiring or poor switch contact inside the distribution box will lead to unstable power supply and voltage fluctuations, resulting in flicker. Need to check and repair the fault in the distribution box or switch.
The luminaire is aging.
- After a long period of use, the performance of the lamps and lanterns will decline, contact and insulation will deteriorate, prone to failure caused by flicker. Need to replace the faulty lamps.
Other equipment caused by.
- Air conditioners, refrigerators and other high-powered equipment to start the moment will cause the lamps and lanterns flicker briefly. It is a normal phenomenon.
KOSOOM also welcomes your inquiries on any questions and will provide you with professional technical analysis and led panel light solutions.