In today’s increasingly popular smart home technology, many people want to connect LED lights to their cell phones in order to achieve remote control, timer control and other functions.
Next, I will give you a detailed introduction on how to connect led light fixtures to your cell phone.
Can you connect any LED light to your cell phone?
Not all LED lights can be connected to your phone. To do this, you need to buy a smart LED light that supports Wi-Fi or Bluetooth function. There are many kinds of smart LED lights on the market for you to choose from, such as smart bulbs, light strips, led track lighting etc.
How to connect LED lights to my phone?
Connect via EZ mode
- Download the app: First, you need to download the app recommended by the LED light manufacturer on your phone. These apps can usually be found in app stores (e.g. Apple Store or Google Play Store).
- Set up the strip LED lights: Plug the LED lights into a power outlet and make sure they are on. At this point, you may see the LEDs flashing, indicating that they are waiting to be connected.
- Connect the application: Launch the application you just downloaded and follow the prompts. Most apps will guide you to connect to your home Wi-Fi network, and then automatically identify and add the LED lights.
Connecting via AP mode
If you are unable to connect your LED lights through EZ mode, you can try using AP (Access Point) mode. How to do this may vary from application to application, but usually includes the following steps:
- Select “AP Mode” or “Manual Connection” in the application.
- Connect your phone to the Wi-Fi hotspot generated by the LEDs.
- Return to the application and follow the instructions to complete the connection.
How to connect the LED light to Bluetooth for cell phone?
- Connect the light: Plug the LED light into the power socket and make sure it is on.
- Install the app: Download the app recommended by the LED light manufacturer on your phone, which can usually be found in the app store.
- Launch the app: Open the app you just downloaded and make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on.
- Connect to the light: In the app, follow the prompts to scan and select your LED light. Confirm the Bluetooth connection to the LED light.
- Spread the light! : Now you can control the LED light using the mobile app. You can change the color, brightness and mode, and even set timed tasks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use a different remote control for the LED light?
Most smart LED light manufacturers provide a dedicated remote control, but you can also purchase a universal smart remote control. Before using a universal remote, make sure it is compatible with your LED light.
How do I connect my LED bulb to my phone?
The process of connecting an LED bulb to your phone is similar to connecting an LED strip light. The following are the specific steps:
- Install the smart LED bulb into the lampholder and turn on the power.
- Download the application recommended by the LED bulb manufacturer on your phone.
- Launch the app and follow the prompts to connect to your home Wi-Fi network or Bluetooth.
- The app will automatically search for and add the LED bulb.
Once successfully connected, you can use the mobile app to control the LED bulb, including adjusting the brightness, color and mode.
What can interfere with the remote control?
The following are some of the factors that may interfere with the proper functioning of the remote control:
- Low battery: Make sure the remote control has sufficient battery power.
- The remote control is too far away from the LED light: Try to bring the remote control closer to the LED light.
- Signal blocking: Make sure there is no object blocking the signal transmission between the remote control and the LED light.
- Signal interference: Other wireless devices or electronic products may cause signal interference. Try to turn off or move away from the devices that may cause interference.
To understand the installation steps more intuitively, please refer to the following video (video from the Internet, for reference only)