The office is changing people's stereotypical and mundane perception of space. They are transforming into more creative workspaces where ideas constantly flow and important business decisions are made. The office building has various spaces to meet different needs, from open offices to regular hallways, private offices, and public conference rooms, each with their unique lighting characteristics.
Particular attention should be paid to the conference rooms in open offices because they are used relatively frequently. Everything from office furniture to decorative items should be coordinated to maximize their harmony.
Therefore, lighting design is particularly important for office spaces and should never be overlooked. It is time to adopt LED lighting solutions to help illuminate your workspace and maximize work efficiency within the office.
Here are some considerations for conference room lighting design:
1、Lighting Fixtures and Technology – Setup
- LED lighting solutions are the best choice for conference room lighting design. Compared to traditional lighting solutions, LED lighting is more energy-efficient, low-maintenance, environmentally friendly, and has a long lifespan of up to 50,000 hours.
- With office decor becoming more creative, it is important to have flexible lighting fixtures and setups that can complement the interior design. For example, if the table is round or oval-shaped, choosing a fixed fixture that aligns with the shape will enhance the appearance of the conference room.
- It is important to pay attention to the angle and color temperature of the lighting fixtures, as it can have a significant impact on people's mood and perception.
2、Flexibility – Automation and Control
- Conference rooms in offices have many uses, such as meetings, presentations, and client calls. The lighting solution must be able to adapt well to these scenarios.
- LED lighting is useful for achieving this because they can be connected and controlled by various automation devices through a network. Certain intelligent lighting control devices (such as occupancy sensors) can be installed with LED lights to detect whether there are people present, turning on and off the lighting accordingly.
- They can also detect the natural light brightness, automatically adjusting the lighting intensity, achieving automation and saving energy.
3、Color Temperature – Productivity
- When planning conference room lighting design, color temperature is one of the essential elements to consider.
- It should be coordinated with the space's color scheme because color plays a crucial role in defining space. Color temperature is measured in Kelvin (K). As a measurement standard, color temperatures within the range of 2000K to 3500K have a warm tone, while 4000K is considered neutral white.
- For office spaces, a color temperature range of 4000K to 6000K is preferred as it creates a more active environment. Additionally, the choice of color temperature depends on the location of the office.
- Depending on the outside weather conditions, the color of the lighting fixtures can trick the brain into thinking it is either warm or cold outside. It can enhance productivity and increase attention.
- Although LED lights are maintenance-free, they still require maintenance according to actual conditions. If other factors could harm the lamp, professional service personnel must be hired for maintenance to avoid high costs of lamp damage.
- The amount of light projected onto a surface is called illuminance, measured in lux (lx). Basically, the lux level indicates the distribution of light intensity in an area.
- According to the empirical rule, a single lux equals one lumen per square meter. For example, if a 100 lumen LED light illuminates an area of 1 square meter, the area will be illuminated with 100 lx.
- The lux level is very important in the office, which can indicate the lighting situation of the space. Generally, according to the purpose of your office, the illuminance value of the office should be determined.
- We recommend that the illuminance value of a general office be kept between 300-500 lx. If there is a requirement for video conferencing, we suggest raising it to more than 750 lx.
- Uniform lighting of the workspace, especially the conference room, is crucial because uneven lighting can be frustrating.
- In the case of uneven light, it forces the eyes to adjust involuntarily to maintain focus. Under even light, the space looks more uniform and can minimize interference.
- It is well-known that LED lights can provide uniform illumination without flicker. The uniformity of LED luminaires also depends on their reflectors.
- Glare refers to the difficulty in seeing things in bright light. When the light source is much brighter than the surrounding environment, it creates uncomfortable visual sensations.
- Glare can be direct or indirect. When considering the lighting of the conference space, it is important to consider glare and arrange the lights in a way that minimizes glare as much as possible.
- In addition, it is recommended to use LED lights to design the conference space because their glare is minimal, especially compared to traditional lighting solutions.
In summary, lighting is the most important factor that affects people's entire state of work. With the gradual change of the work environment, the way of lighting must also change, especially in the corporate field. Nowadays, a vibrant workspace can not only improve employees' work efficiency but also create a comfortable and sophisticated space that showcases the corporate brand culture.
If you have lighting requirements for your office or other spaces, you can click here to view our products. We offer free consultation and lighting design services, as well as technical support from planning to installation and debugging of lighting fixtures. We have a strong product supply chain, with products certified by CE and ROHS, a complete product portfolio, 24-hour online service response, and faster delivery speeds.